No one is fully formed without any influence from the world – the things and people we love or otherwise. I for one am forever grateful for the love and support from my family and close friends and the ability and opportunity to pursue my passion.
This new journey has been inspired by many mentors; directly and some through their work. Regardless, their influence has had a positive impact on my decisions, as my ideas and actions were built on the lessons I have learnt from them. And for that, I would like to say THANK YOU….
… for awesome books that taught me about personal power.
- My Utmost for His Highest – Living a life of faith
- Return to love – As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others
- Tony Robbins – You are deprived of nothing except by your decision.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – This book should be on everyone’s reading list. The principles are at the foundation of my values, beliefs and goals. Thanks to my former employer, I was fortunate to do many of the programs which are absolutely brilliant.
…to these wonderwomen who’ve mentored me as I worked with them
- Joyce Mbaya – Imagine, Believe, Become
- Njeri Rionge – Untiring Entrepreneur
- Lucie Kamiti – Determined Diva
- My sister Aida – A brilliant influence on who I am. The coolest, caring, and smartest person I know. She has taught me most about what family and love is about.
…for inspiring and successful passion projects
- The 4 Hour Work Week – Major mindset shift on living life on your own terms
- Live Your Legend – Change the world by doing work you love
- Brain Pickings – Probably the coolest website ever (Nerd alert!)
- Chalene Johnson – I never thought entrepreneurship could be that fun until I found her online.
To my family, friends & fans (a girl can dream) – We are part of all that we have met. – Alfred Lord Tennyson