Once you understand the core value of your personal brand, you can then leverage content marketing to promote and amplify your brand identity.
Content marketing is the consistent, strategic creation and sharing of relevant and valuable content that builds interest and engagement around your brand. Content refers to the information you share in various formats: blogs, social media posts, videos, podcasts, eBooks, infographics, webinars, and other material that you publish to represent yourself and your personal brand.
Increased competition for attention online and decreasing effectiveness of ads has changed content is playing a crucial role in meeting growing expectations of perceived value by consumers. As a result, content marketing is now highly effective when it comes to:
- Increasing authority
- Promoting likeability and trust
- Building influence
- Generating leads and conversions
Here are some tips to create content that connects and collects
3 myths about creating content that connects – Click here to watch the video summary
Myth 1 – If you build it they will come
- Competition for online attention is at an all-time high – Not only do you have to consistently share relevant and authentic content that your audience can relate to; you also have to promote it. Leverage social media and ads to increase your reach and influence.
Myth 2 – The more you share the more engagement and followers you get
- Marketing is about showcasing value so quality wins over quantity to get and keep audience attention
- Prove your ability to provide a solution by meeting the needs of your customer – gives them a taste of what your about and moves them down your sales funnel
Myth3 – Your content should always be about your product
- People want to know you before they buy from you – Give yourself permission to be more personal with your story
- Still not sure what you share? Document your journey to learn what is valuable to your audience.
Creating content that collects – How to sell on social media without selling
Your success on social media lies in your ability to influence action from your audience. With reference to your end goal always be mindful of the customer journey in order to give them value that meets their needs. I use the marketing mnemonic #AIDA to match relevant content to my audience based on where they are in relation to experiencing my brand.
Awareness – Get found online with relevant titles, keywords and hashtags
Interest – Create relevant content that elicits engagement
Decision – Create triggers to start the sales process with freemiums and introductory offers
Action – Make the Sale (This is the whole point so nothing else matters if you don’t close the deal)
From a creative standpoint, consider the following when using images to tell your brand story on social media.
- Select of categories/themes that represent your brand
- Your content should be about what you can do for your followers – serve them
- Use these free tools to increase your visibility and engagement on social media
- SEO – Use Buzz Sumo and Google Keyword tool to find popular keywords to add to your titles, content and descriptions that will help you get found online
- Free stock images – Use sites like canva.com to create beautiful images
Want to use social media to optimize and amplify your personal brand? Click here to learn more.