Welcome to my Business & Lifestyle Review for 2018/9 – Q1.
Each quarter I’m going to write a review on how I did when it came to achieving the previous quarterly goals both in business and my personal life.
It’s a good way for me to track my progress, stay accountable and be as transparent as possible about what it takes to be a lifestyle entrepreneur. I also want to lead by example by showing you what’s working for me, and what’s not – both in business and when it comes to my lifestyle.
In each quarterly report I’ll cover the following topics:
- Did I hit my quarterly goals?
- Lessons learned during this quarter
- Plans for next quarter
Inspiration for doing this review comes from Navid Moazzez Quarter 1 Goals (Nov – Jan) FYI – I start my year in November after my birthday at the end of October.
- Academia: Finish my research sections before data collection – No, I’m a chapter behind
- Business: Run beta for personal branding course – Yes
- Personal development: Planning for 2019 – Yes
- Lifestyle: Habit stack my morning routine – Not quite (7/10)
Academia – Not having accountability has me making much slower progress so I’m considering starting a writing circle to put a bit more camaraderie and enjoyment back into the process.
Business – I got great feedback from my beta course but need to put it into action before relaunching it as an evergreen product.
Personal development – This is a big year for me but it was really important that I move away from doing the most to just doing me #alignment.
Lifestyle – There are certain activities I’m keen to incorporate into my daily routine but struggling with the ones that require some mental fortitude so consistency is going to be key. I’m thinking about putting up visual reminders Mary Jane style and see how that goes.
While I ended up making some money from my when I launched in July 2018,it hasn’t been consistent and most of what I made went into paying my research academic expenses (not cheap BTW). It did however get me in a place to start thinking about the potential of replacing and even doubling my current income is possible if I start acting like a business and not a when I feel it project.
Goals for Q2 (Feb – April)
- Academia: Form a writing circle and catch up to get approval to collect data
- Business: Automate personal branding course as an evergreen income stream & set up the second
- Personal development: Mel Robbins Take control audio book
- Lifestyle: Declutter Marie Kondo style and Garden DIY projects
Word of the year – ALIGNMENT – In tune with who I am and what I want.
How are you keeping yourself accountable to your goals? I’d love to hear, hit me up – firstname.lastname@example.org